I’ve been seeing a TON of overnight oat recipes floating around lately. They’re all the rage in the healthy eating world (according to FitSugar and a few other health/fitness/cooking websites I follow), and I understand why. Waking up to a jar of ready-to-eat, cold, delicious, healthy oats on a hot July morning is pretty awesome.
On Monday, I decided to rediscover my obsession with overnight proats (protein oats). I opened my pantry, glanced at my almost-empty jar of Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful, and immediately had a light bulb moment. How long has it been since I’ve had a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks? Forever. Why not mix my coffee with my White Chocolate proats and recreate the flavor within my breakfast?
I train legs twice a day (AM and PM) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I usually hit my apartment weight room at 5:45AM on Tuesday mornings to kick off my day with a heavy glute-focused session. (Yesterday was Part II of this workout. Killer.) Normally, I eat a higher-carb and high-protein breakfast immediately after, and up until yesterday, I’ve turned to Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel English Muffins with agave nectar drizzled on top, a banana, a cup of cold coffee, and a serving of my Sausage Egg Casserole. (I eat a lot, and breakfast is my favorite meal. Don’t judge.) This time around, I kept the Sausage and Egg Casserole but replaced everything else with a jar full of White Chocolate Mocha Overnight Oats, and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to my old ways.
The beauty of overnight oats: you can make any flavor combination that you desire with almost no effort. Feel like having chocolate strawberry oats? Throw some sliced strawberries and dark chocolate chips in the mix. Craving apple and cinnamon? Dice up a small apple and mix it up with some ground cinnamon and honey, then throw it all together with your oats, yogurt, and milk. The possibilities are endless.
White Chocolate Mocha Overnight Oats
Cook time: 5 minutes + overnight (in fridge)
- An almost-empty jar of White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter (~1 tbsp remaining)
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 drops of chocolate liquid Stevia
- 1/2 scoop (~16g) MusclePharm Cinnamon Bun Combat Powder
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- Mix all ingredients into your almost-empty jar of peanut butter
- Secure the lid and allow to refrigerate overnight
- Dig in with a spoon the following morning! Oats definitely aren’t picture-perfect. I promise they taste better than they look.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, add 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds.
- For those of you who aren’t fans of Greek yogurt: leave it out, add an extra 2 tbsp of almond milk, and include an extra 1/4 scoop of protein powder.