YOU GUYS. I did it. I made the easiest, healthiest, tastiest clean dessert in the world. If you like peanut butter and banana (like any sane person should, in my opinion) and have a blender or food processor in your kitchen, you need to try this TODAY.
Last night, I was just getting over feeling pretty terrible for the entire day (something made it’s way around our team at work), and I was craving a “cheat” meal without all of the bad stuff that usually comes with it. We decided to spend Friday night propped up on the couch with a movie. Domino’s or CPK takeout would have been the dinner of choice 6+ months ago, but instead of ordering something unhealthy, I opted to make my own clean version.
Solution: BBQ chicken pizza with cauliflower crust and PB2 banana chocolate ice cream. Yeah, you read that correctly. We had dessert first (which was a GREAT choice).
PB2 Banana Chocolate Ice Cream
Cook time: 3min (active) + 10min (freezing)
– 2 frozen bananas
– 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
– 4 tbsp PB2
– 2 tsp unsweetened almond milk
– 1 tsp Xanthan Gum (thickening agent)
– flavored liquid Stevia (I used about 3 drops each of butterscotch and dark chocolate)
– 2 tbsp light whipped cream
– dark chocolate and/or peanut butter chips (I used both… Fat kid at heart, here)
- Peel and freeze 2 bananas until completely frozen. MAKE SURE YOU PEEL THEM BEFORE FREEZING. I didn’t. My hands really regretted that decision and I’m pretty positive I almost got frost bite trying to peel already-frozen bananas. It sucked.
- Place all ingredients (except whipped cream and chocolate/peanut butter chips) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth
- Scoop out “ice cream” with an ice cream scooper and place into 2 small bowls. If your mixture is a little more liquidy than ice cream normally is, pop the bowls in the freezer for 10-15 minutes
- Top with desired toppings and consume
Easy, vegan, healthy, and DELICIOUS. What more could anyone want in a dessert? Nothing. Nothing at all.